The Norwegian Shipowners' Association represents shipping companies with international trade and offshore contractors operating on the Norwegian continental shelf employing 60 000 seafarers from more than 50 countries. We negotiate collective bargaining agreements for seafarers from the key recruitment countries for employment on both Norwegian and foreign-registered vessels.
The department of labour and legal affairs is engaged in:
- establishing and maintaining collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) covering Norwegian and foreign seafarers on ships registered in the Norwegian and foreign registers, as well as offshore contractors and service companies on the NCS
- developement of national and international regulatory framework through participation in international and regional organisations such as the ILO, IMO, BIMCO, ICS and ECSA
- follow-up and services for member companies for the entire field of employment, including labour, tax, and maritime law, national insurance and social legislation, and petroleum, competition and insurance legislation
- legal assistance and advice to members in connection with negotiations and procedures in the Labour Court of Norway and the ordinary courts of justice.
- arranging seminars and conferences for HR personnel