Norway will host the World Petroleum Council’s first Leadership Conference in Tromsø from 26-28 May – where a global panel of oil and gas industry professionals will discuss responsible operations, international cooperation and sustainable solutions for the petroleum sector.
Co-hosted by the leaders in Norwegian oil and gas Statoil, DNV GL, Norsk Industri and Norges Rederiforbund.
Over 60 international speakers from 19 countries will share their Leadership Perspectives on Responsible Development of Arctic Resources, Safety, Environment & Preparedness, Innovative Technologies for Unconventionals and other Frontiers, Local Community Engagement and Climate Cooperation.
Norway’s position as an outstanding steward of the environment and natural resources in the North will be presented by:
· Tord Lien, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Norway
· Anne Næss Myrvold, Director General, Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authorities (PSA)
· Tim Dodson, EVP Global Exploration, Statoil
· Sturla Henriksen, CEO, Norwegian Shipowners' Association
· Aili Keskitalo, President, Sami Parliament, Norway
· Jarand Rystad, CEO, Rystad Energy
· Elisabeth Tørstad, CEO, DNV GL Oil & Gas
For full details of the Conference Programme and to register please visit www.wpcleadership.com